About John DuBois
John DuBois has served as Vice Mayor of the Village of Palmetto Bay since 2012. After demonstrating his disciplined, no-nonsense approach to government service including extensive civic involvement and public engagement with his fellow residents he was re-elected to a second four-year term in 2016.
Vice Mayor DuBois is a self-made, highly respected business leader, civic leader, and noted philanthropist who made his career in the Telecommunications Industry. As the founder and CEO of Eyecast over 10 years ago, Mr. DuBois made his South Florida based firm into a pioneer and a global leader in the cloud-based video surveillance industry catering to the needs of businesses and governmental entities throughout the World. An engineer by trade, Vice Mayor Dubois is a high energy fiscally responsible creative problem solver who has earned a reputation for compromise and finding solutions to complex problems in business and government even with the most difficult issues in politics.
John was born and raised in New York and Kansas before attending college at the prestigious American University in Washington, D.C., where he earned his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Economics, and later earned a Master of Science Degree in Technology Management.
Vice Mayor DuBois moved from Northern Virginia to Palmetto Bay in 2001, just one year prior to Village incorporation. Since then, he has played an integral role in various community service endeavors. He has been an advocate for safe neighborhoods, parks and public spaces, public education, and the environment. Vice Mayor Dubois strongly believes that government at every level should practice sound fiscal policies while guaranteeing efficient government services and first-class customer service to the community residents and the local businesses.
Vice Mayor DuBois has served on the board of directors and advisory boards of many respected technology companies, charities, and institutions, including years on the Board of the Deering Estate Foundation in Palmetto Bay. As an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist, he was appointed by a previous Mayor to serve on the Palmetto Bay Tree Advisory Committee to help the Palmetto Bay achieve Tree City USA status. He also initiated and fostered the relation between the City and Fairchild Tropical Gardens to be the second City to join the Million Orchid initiative. Since moving to Palmetto Bay 20 years ago, he dedicated much of his time involved with the following, highly respected entities:
- Member of the South Dade Coalition of Elected officials beginning in 2016 (from Municipal elected to U.S. Congressional members) supporting Rail extension from Dadeland to Florida City.
- Board of Directors, Camillus House for 18 years- the largest service provider to the homeless in Miami-Dade County
- Board of Directors, Miami-Dade County Office of Economic Development and International Trade.
- Advisory Board, “Educate Tomorrow” – a local community organization for foster care children who have “aged-out” of the system providing essential life skills and necessary vocational training.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Camillus Health Concern, which provides health care services to the homeless and those who cannot afford medical care.
- Noted Animal Rescue Advocate and supporter of transforming Miami-Dade County into a true “no-kill” shelter and will immediately, upon being elected, put into the budget support for the Pet Trust program that was overwhelmingly supported by Dade County Voters in a referendum years ago.
As your next County Commissioner, John Dubois will bring the same tradition of excellence in public service that his constituents have come to expect at Village Hall to County Hall. He will demand that the County government is fully accountable, transparent, and responsive to the needs of all Miami-Dade residents.